Size and weight:
- Height at the withers: Males 56 – 62 cms. Females 54 – 60 cms.
Dogs with excellent type and balance should not be penalised if above the upper limit.
Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog and on its ability to perform its traditional work.
- Aggresive or overly shy.
- Any dog clearly showing physical or behavioural abnormalities shall be disqualified.
- Converging head line.
- The lack of more than 6 premolars, the lack of M3 is not noted and will not be considered as a fault.
- Entropion, ectropion, wall eye, eyes of different colours (heterochromia), blue eyes, partially blue coloured iris.
- Lack of nose pigment.
- Curled tail.
- Monocle (patching around one or both eyes) or patching elsewhere.
- Tricolour (black and brown spots on the same dog), brindle coloured spots, lemon coloured spots, orange coloured spots,blue spots and pure white colour without spots.
- Wirehaired or longhaired
n.b.: Male animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum.